You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘collage’ tag.

Wednesday was my last day teaching at Infinity this summer. I taught a collage class at their summer day camp. In addition to making an individual work to take home all the campers also contributed to a project for the annual Take a Seat Auction at the Casino in Bemus Point to be held next week. I was given a storage/toy chest by the organizers and since I knew I would be working with the campers I decided to try using a technique from Cloth Paper Scissors. (May/June 2010). Here are some pictures of the fun along the way!!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

I prepped the box with a layer of old text and a layer of sewing pattern tissue, then the campers at infinity created the flower circles during their camp session. (They also made a small piece using all the techniques featured on the box to take home.) After I got the box back home I added a layer of paint and outlined all the flowers and added stems/leaves. The next day I decided I hadn’t added enough paint and went back in with more layers of transparent paint and some pastel. To finish the box I added some inspirational sayings related to flowers and several coats of a quick drying acrylic varnish. I am happy with how it turned out, even though this is a stretch for me, so many colours!!! I’ll let you know how the auction goes and hopefully get a picture of the happy new owner with their inspiration land colourful box.

Thursdays this summer are turning out to be great fun for me. I am working with such a fabulous and talented group of young ladies in my journaling and binding class there! The first week we worked on quick collage techniques, the idea being to evade your monkey mind censors by working too fast for them to chime in, a couple of the students are graciously letting me share their work here.

Last week we learned a transfer technique using acrylic paint. We added layers to our plain card stock by using old book pages, and then sealed them with a clear acrylic paint. Then we painted the front of photocopied images with acrylic paint and stuck them down, when the paint is dry you can peel off the paper backing, the toner will be embedded in the acrylic paint on your page. Because we had to wait for them to dry completely, the only image I have is from my trial piece. We added more layers with markers and masking tape, and cut out words and images from the book pages we started with. The whole idea of this class is to work with whatever you have on hand. We made some pretty complex and interesting things with very few “ingredients”

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.